This Pet First Aid Kit is a handy size to keep in your home or car. It is lightweight and has a loop on the back so it can be slipped through a belt or bum bag, making it easy to carry around when you’re out on walks.
Why not join us on one of our Pet First Aid Training courses to give you the skills and confidence to use the contents of this kit. Our comprehensive 5-hour course covers a whole range of areas; we start by looking at Vets and the role you play in First Aid, keeping safe, protecting your home, how pets show pain and checking your pet’s health. We also cover CPR, accidents, drowning, shock, broken bones, spinal injuries, and other serious injuries. We look at medical conditions and cover things such as serious bleeding, dressings, paws, ears, mouth, tails, illnesses, poisoning, stings, bites, seizures, choking, snake bites, ticks, flystrike, and other conditions.
Here is a useful guide to help you use the contents;
- 2 x 20ml Pods of Saline – Use to wash away dirt and debris from your pet’s eyes and other areas. Simply wide away excess fluid with a gauze swab or paper handkerchief.
- 1 x Medium Dressing Bandage with Ties – Use to cover injuries. Do not tie the attached bandage too tightly. Use the microporous tape if additional retention is needed. Cut off the bandage ends after tying.
- 1 x Large Dressing Bandage with Ties – Use to cover larger injuries. Do not tie the attached bandage too tightly. Use the microporous tape if additional retention is needed. Cut off the bandage ends after tying.
- 1 x Foil Blanket – To retain body warmth and help combat shock. Use this to wrap your pet while on route to the Vet. It may be necessary to hold the blanket in place.
- 5 x Gauze Swabs – For cleaning up after wounds, or use of saline.
- 1 x Microporous Tape – To hold dressings or bandages in place. It tears easily, so scissors not required.
- 1 x Conforming Bandage – For a suspected strain, use this around the limb and fasten with tape. Cut off the excess bandage and retain it for future use.
- 2 x Pairs of Vinyl Powder Gloves – Always wear these when attending an injured pet. Discard after use.
- 2 x Plastic Bags – To cover paw injuries and help keep them clean. Fasten with tape. It will minimise blood spillages onto carpets, car upholstery, and soft furnishings.
- 4 x Alcohol Free Cleansing Wipes – Use to clean wounds prior to applying a dressing. Discard safely when used.
- 1 x Scissors
- 1 x Tweezers
This Pet First Aid Kit is not to be used as a substitute for professional Veterinary attention, which should be obtained as quickly as possible.
Delivery: 3-5 working days.